What is Brand Promotion Anyway?
We talk a lot about how our promo girls can help you to sell your brand, but if you’re relatively new to marketing you may well be wondering what brand promotion is really all about.
To help you out, we’ve put together a few of the essentials: get these nuts and bolts in place and you can let your imagination fill in all those details that make your brand unique.
Just the Basics
At its most essential, brand promotion means doing the following things:
- Letting your customers know exactly who you are.
- Making sure that when people think of the product you sell, they tie your name to it.
- Keeping your current customers loyal.
- Demonstrating your USP.
So let’s take a look at those key components…
Who Are You?
You’re probably used to promoting your products, but brand promotion means selling yourselves at the same time. There are almost certainly other people out there selling something similar, so what do you have that they don’t?
This can be something unique to your product or service, but it can also be as simple as adding a bit of personality. Cheeky, cheerful, always on hand with some helpful advice… it doesn’t matter what this personality is, so long as it’s based on some solid research – what will your audience connect with?
Once you have a clear idea, you can develop this personality in a number of ways:
- A logo and slogan that reflects your brand identity.
- A consistent social media feed that keeps on top of current trends.
- Promotional materials that make use of your brand’s history – how did you get to be where you are today?
- An appropriate tone of voice: whether it’s a flyer or a page on your site, use language that conjures up a sense of who you are.
- Branded events that give people the chance to get to know the people behind the product.
How Does This Relate to What You Do?
Crucially, you want people to tie this new brand persona together with the products or services that you’re offering – so how do you help them make the connection?
An event is an excellent opportunity to bring the two things together with ease and grace; give people a chance to get up close and personal with your wares, and while they’re trying it out for themselves make sure that your team is there to provide appropriate conversation and atmosphere, setting the right tone.
Don’t forget to get in touch today if you’d like us to be part of that team – we’d love to chat about your brand!